Have you ever wondered why the sky is blue? Why junk mail is called SPAM? Why a shoe is called a ‘Shoe’? Why a Lion is the king of the jungle? Where did the term blog originate from and why is this post called a blog? Why did the chicken cross the road?
So have I.
In an attempt to stretch my brain muscles, expand my knowledge and better utilize my time, I am taking on this personal project where I will try and learn about something new every single day. That’s right, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!
This thing could be anything that stirs my curiosity. There are absolutely no rules or restrictions to what I will write or not write about.
I have already learned a few new things on my way to setting up this blog:
- There are way too many blogging platforms to choose from.
- Writing a blog post is a lot of work when you are a beginner (It took me over 4 hours to write this post)
- All I wanted from my blogging platform was:
- Minimalistic Design
- Ease of Use
- It should be absolutely free to use
- Unlimited Space
- SEO Capabilities
- Quick image and video uploads
- Easily customizable with tons of customizable features to choose from
- Ability to install/remove plugins as/when I want
- I am not going to get all of the features mentioned above unless I pay for it.
Atleast I got my first blog out of the way. If only Gutenberg was alive to see this day…..